Friday 27 January 2012

Update on Dilators


After my blood test results came back in December, I was informed that I wasn't ovulating that month.  The Consultant asked me to come in and see her to talk through our options which I did in early January. 
So option one, to do nothing, just wait and see what happens. Option two, to have some more bloods taken on day 2 of my cycle and then on day 21 and to also look at my partners sperm quality. Option three, to try Clomide first and then maybe think about IVF. 

I opted for option two as it will give us some facts about whether I am ovulating to work with. I'm not keen on taking drugs and would like to fall pregnant naturally. Maybe time to look at acupuncture or something along those lines again.

So this month I am booked in with the HCA in my Doctors practice for my day 21 blood test. Day 2 of my cycle is a little more complicated due to being housebound for the week of my cycle, so my doctors practice have kindly organised a district nurse to come in and take the bloods.

The Consultant told me we should be trying every other day from day 11 to day 17. She asked me if I knew when day 1 of my period was. It turns out I didn’t really know. I thought it was when you got some red blood but she said it was when it was flowing.
This meant this month I tried to use the dilators earlier then I normally would so that I could get ready for day 11. I am going to have to change and go back to a smaller size. As I used the biggest as per normal and I was really sore and made my skin bleed a tiny amount in the vestibule area.  

Day 11, my right piriformis really hurt and was causing pain down my right leg and my left side was sore so we didn’t try until day 12. We opted to used the syringe and I popped my legs up the wall for 10-15 minutes afterwards. Not sure if your supposed to stay there for longer. I will have to have a search on the recommended time for gravity to help. Its day 14 today so we’ll have to see how the day pans out! Ice at the ready!?

I'd love to hear from you, if you have anything you would like to share

Lily Lou x

No comments:

Post a Comment