Saturday 7 April 2012

I have some great news to share


I’m pregnant! I’m really happy about this news but still feel in shock. After going through so many problems with my pelvis, I didn't think that I stood too much chance of becoming pregnant. Especially as when I had tests in December they said I was not ovulating. Then I fell pregnant.

I feel a little nervous sharing this news too, as I know the journey is not the same for everyone so I wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you.

Just because I am pregnant, not all my pain has vanished. I am still getting pain in my pelvis and up my vagina. My bowel doesn’t behave normally at the best of times but since I have been pregnant I feel like it has gone on strike!  So now the nausea is relieving, I am trying to eat lots of fruit and drinking water and many fluids.  My scar from my bowel re-section is becoming sensitive again. The obstetrician I saw said this was probably due to my uterus starting to move upwards.

 I am happy to not be having periods at the moment!! Long may that last.. Maybe I should think about breast feeding until they are 12 to keep them at bay! Only joking.

We are going to be able to plan a little holiday this year due to no periods. We haven’t been able to do this for years. So that’s really exciting!

I am now 12 weeks pregnant, we didn’t want to tell anybody until after the scan. I have been very nervous, I’m used to pain but every time I was in lots of pain I would panic that maybe something bad was happening. I also found going from my normal Endo symptoms straight to the first three months of pregnancy symptoms really tough. I found the nausea really over whelming and incapacitating. I have been incapacitated on and off for years so don’t have too much patience with it. I felt like I couldn’t complain about any of this though as I was in a lucky position to be pregnant in the first place.

I was also really nervous about the two scans I had. I had my first one at Royal Surrey in the early pregnancy unit, at seven weeks. The lovely Jules looked after us on that day. The early scan was to check it wasn't an ectopic pregnancy, I had to have a trans vaginal scan as it was so early. The few days following were really painful, I suppose that must be due to scar tissue, the pain worried me hugely. I also had a small cyst on my left ovary.

The second scan I had was on Thursday, it was the 12 week scan. It went well. The lovely Wendy was there this time to great us. We got pictures of the scan to take home and I am still staring at them regularly, I still can’t believe there is actually a baby in there!

I have been concerned about my level of fitness and coping with the pregnancy. Maria (Pelvic pain physio) gave me some exercises to do to try and improve my strength. Since my last surgery and also not returning to work, I have lost a lot of everyday fitness.  I have been unable to do them so far but I’m hoping to be able to start next week. I have put my name down for antenatal yoga so hopefully this will help too.

My vulva is still sore and I have had some pain coming from the muscles at the left side of my vulva going through to my buttock muscles. A little better news though, Maria said the right side muscles have started to bulk up a little more which is great news.

I am really hoping that my central nervous system will get a chance to calm down without having periods. Fingers crossed.

I’ll keep you updated. As always I’d love to hear from you

Lily Lou x

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations lily lou!! That's wonderful news! I can't believe we're pregnant at the same time! You're a bit further along than me - I will be 9 weeks on Sunday and counting the days until I can get out of the yukky 1st trimester....

    Nausea and fatigue are still really debilitating for me at the moment and making life very difficult and unpleasant - I hope like you it will ease off very soon...

    That's amazing that you're going to plan a holiday too - keep us posted about where you plan to go! :)

    I will keep this short and sweet as feeling rough, but once again, I'm so happy for you and I hope everything goes smoothly for you over the remaining months. I will be keeping an eye on your progress...

    Lots of love to you and baby lily lou, Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire,

    How are you feeling now? A little better I hope. It is mad that we have fallen pregnant around the same time. Really nice though. When is your 12 week scan planned for?

    Take Care and hope you are ok

    Lots of love Lily Lou xx

    ReplyDelete